Congratulations on purchasing your Apera Vue 4D Vision system!
This guide will quickly walk you through the steps you need to take in order to setup your system and make the most out of it.
This article assumes you have received the following hardware:
- PC running Apera Vue
- Camera pairs attached to their mounting plates and lenses
- USB cables for connecting the cameras to your PC
- Camera calibration pad
- Robot calibration stickers.
In case you have not received above items, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Important note: You need to register in our support page in order to be able to send us support requests or access the rest of the articles that have been referred to here. If you have not already registered, please use this link to do so:
Please note that for your email domain needs to be authorized in our system for you to be able to register. Please contact Apera Sales, in case the system indicated that your domain is not authorized.
Please follow the below steps to setup your system:
- It is always a good idea to get the AI training needed for your task started early. We call this process Asset Training Request. Please follow the steps in this guide in order to do so: Asset Training Request
- Please unpack your hardware and follow this guideline to install the cameras, hook them up to the PC and turn on the PC: Apera Vue Hardware Installation Guide
- Note: Your cameras need to be installed at a certain height relative to the bin or surface you are piking from and should have a certain distance in between (baseline). These distances will be determined by Apera AI support team after you submit your asset training request as explained in item 1 above.
- Turn on the PC and connect it to internet either using the WiFi or a wired connection.
- The PC will boot up and ask for an activation code when it is turned on for the very first time. Please follow these steps for activation:
- Please look up your PC serial number. (What is Apera Vue serial number and where can I find it?)
- Please go to apera.zendesk.com
- Please sign in if you have not done so and click on "Submit a request" on top left.
- Please choose "System activation request" from the drop down menu.
- Please enter the requested information and click submit.
- Apera AI support will get back to you with a link for creating the activation code.
- Please click on the link to receive the activation code.
- Enter the activation code to the activation screen and click "Activate". The system needs to be connected to internet for activation and will need time to download a sizable amount of data. Apera Vue software will launch after activation process is complete.
- Note: The activation code expires after 10 minutes. In case it did, please click on the link again to receive a new code.
- Your Apera Vue software should be running after activation. In case it keep restarting please follow the troubleshooting steps in this guide: My Apera Vue keeps restarting, what is wrong?
- Please run through the calibration of your cameras as explained here: Camera calibration & Vision Region adjustment
- Please find your robot brand and follow the steps for calibrating your robot here: Robot Integration – Apera (zendesk.com)
- Please ask Apera Support to deploy the assets you requested in step one above to your system. Please note your PC needs to be connected to internet for that.
- Please setup a virtual fence for your robot specially when using Autopilot as explained here: Setting up a Fence for a Robot Model
- You are all set! Program your robot to pick the parts using Apera Vue software. Please contact email@example.com in case you needed help or had any questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.